Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog. Here, you will find information about my novels, life in Japan, as well as author interviews, discussions on writing, and more. Feel free to browse and if you enjoy a post, please comment. Thanks for reading!

23 June 2013

Favorite Movie Quotes

I'm am movie fan. I absolutely love them. And great quotes are like poetry, I find myself repeating them to myself, sometimes out of context, just for the fun of it. A quote might stick in my head for a few days and I'll get the urge to watch the movie again.

Here are a few of my favorites. This isn't a "best" list because that is debatable to everyone. Also, these are in no particular order. I could never rank them. But these have stayed in my mmd for one reason or another.



The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. 
     - Verbal Kint The Usual Suspects

I'm afraid you won't survive to witness the triumph of the echo over the voice. 
     - Shinzon Star Trek: Nemesis

The day I need a friend like you, I'll just have myself a little squat and shit one out. 
     - Mrs. Carmody The Mist

My daughter wanted to know why you look so sad. I told her it's because you just got beat up by a girl.
   - Henry Lee Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever

I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done! 
     - Captain Jean-Luc Picard Star Trek: First Contact


You know, you supposed to be some slick-shit killer. Now look at you... all back-of-the-bus and shit.
     - Toombs The Chronicles Of Riddick

[Rei and Kamiina are sword fighting] Rei: Kill me and you go to Hell, too.
Kamiina: Shall we continue there, then? 
     - Rei and Kamiina Sky High

[singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. 
     - Dory Finding Nemo

You know, it's a good thing you're not a big, fat guy or this would be really difficult.
     -Kuzco The Emperor's New Groove

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
     - Maximus Gladiator

None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!
     - Rorschach Watchmen



I hope you enjoyed these quotes. Do you have some you would like to share? Put them in the comments below. As always, thanks for reading.


3 comments:

  1. Loved the one from "The Mist". I don't watch too many movies--mostly Pixar. There are some things that stick in my mind, but out of context they would be really weird. So I'll just keep them to myself... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Too bad she won't live .. but then again ... who does?"

    = BLADE RUNNER

    "Harry Lime never grew up. The world grew up around him."

    - THE THIRD MAN

    ReplyDelete