Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog. Here, you will find information about my novels, life in Japan, as well as author interviews, discussions on writing, and more. Feel free to browse and if you enjoy a post, please comment. Thanks for reading!

14 May 2014

My Superpower

If I had a superpower, it would be super speed, like the Flash. I wouldn’t want telepathy, because people’s thoughts should be private. Mind control would be too much of a temptation to abuse. Flight is cool, but I’m scared of heights.
Super speed is useful in a very practical way. Obviously, I’d want to the ability to withstand the force such speed would generate, but it would be nice to be able to run everywhere faster than a car. You wouldn’t have to worry about being late, as it would take mere seconds to get around town. Preventing accidents like spills would be a snap with lightning-fast reflexes. Chores could get done in a snap, except for the ones depending on machines, like laundry. Imagine how many words you could write a day, if you were a novelist, if you could type like the Flash.
In the graphic novel Kingdom Come, the Flash’s power was always operating. He was stuck perceiving time in slow motion, like a movie stuck on 1/100th speed. In the 90s TV show, when the Flash ran, everything was a blur. I would want time to move normal for me, then slow down when I used my power. Sometimes there are things I’d like a longer time to look at, and it would be cool to speed up my brain so that everything seemed to happen slower. I could savor more details and experience the moment longer.
It would be wise to study up force and the effects of speed and acceleration. It might come in handy to prevent accidents related to super speed. And I’ll have to admit, I’m sure I’d use my power to play a few harmless practical jokes. As for becoming a superhero…
How about you, readers? What super power would you want? As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment